Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chest Pain

It hurts, it's been hurting for a while, and although the pain went away for a few days, it's back.

Pretty soon I'm gonna start quoting Shakespeare. Uh oh, it's happening--can't--stop---
I beseech you, punish me not with your hard
thoughts, wherein I confess me much guilty to deny
so fair and excellent ladies any thing. But let your
fair eyes, and gentle wishes go with me to my trial;
wherein if I be foiled, there is but one shamed that was
never gracious; if killed, but one dead that was willing to
be so: I shall do my friends no wrong, for I have none to
lament me, the world no injury, for in it I have nothing;
only in the world I fill up a place, which may be better
supplied when I have made it empty.
                                        As You Like It (1.2.346-55)
No, I'm not suicidal, so shut up. This was an important quote for me for many years; I know that feeling. He was feeling sorry for himself, but he had plenty of good reasons.

I'm gonna go have some hot and sour soup that doesn't have enough vinegar or sesame oil in it.

No comments: